3.12.09

barre de navidad


well, 
since leaving california, which seems like ages ago, adam and I drove south through baja, over to mainland from la paz to Topolobampo, on down the coast through mazatlan, and eventually to Miramar, right next to santa cruz. we hung out at El Encanto with Jim for about 10 days, Teresa visited, on to Guadalajara, and then south from PV to Barre. Waves are small but fun and yesterday I found myself out in the lineup all alone with real real nice waves coming through. 
Rich Blundell got in touch with me after I sent him an email asking him to give me the templates for surfboards he sells on his website. Not only did he give me the templates but he flew down here from Boston to teach me how to build hollow wooden surfboards. So I am AMPED! We got a blog goin on that at treetosea.org. I never seen a surfboard built out of plywood for less than 50 bucks... Hopefully she rides well! 
So we are working on gettin this board finished and from there we are gonna split south through Colima into Michoachan to surf the epic La Ticla. 

No comments:

Post a Comment