30.9.09

I've been traveling now since march. Been down to San diego and back, and there and back again. The time feels right to get into mexico and start the real adventure. Dougs headin back home after a few weeks in the high sierras alone and Adam and I are making out way to San diego today to get ourselves organized.

Don Poor - this guys immortal. And after a few days with him you would believe it too. Read the red letters. He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

Being at Jame's place for a few days has been good. I was feeling really homesick and tired of being on the road. It was really nice walkin in, realizing its Kim's birthday and having a good time with some friends. Not hanging out in a home depot parking lot while people bike past asking for a ride as the cops are on their ass cuz they robbed a store... or sleeping on the ground next to the truck cuz some girl convinced her mom to let her go to LA with 2 guys she met yesterday... still trying to figure that one out.
On my journey south from Vancouver in early September I took a few detours that took me to Cottonwood Idaho, mykens home town. middle of nowhere playing beer pong in a basement with inbred cowboys and a few cowgirls...i think... got into dave Matthews at the gorge for about a song and a half...and camped out. The nicest toyota i think i have ever seen. From there a bus ride to salem to call caleb and tell him im in town. Aumsville? what? miniramp champ? shawn? sean. Aumsville: if you skate, go there. forget lincoln city, donald, portland...dude, aumsville.
I worked out in the field laying tiles for Hilton Trenching Lmt. Ya caleb. your a savage. blew out noah's clutch. sorry noah. i might have kinda rallied it in the mud a little right before that happened... and the river was too far away to push it into as you had suggested.
Hopped on another bus to madera California. Upon arrival realized I was nowhere near where i needed to be but out of bus $$ so I ended up hitchhiking 200 miles to Mammoth Lakes (but not before someone telling me that no, it wasn't mammoth lakes i was trying to get to, it was mammoth pools. Driving 45 minutes down a dirt road and realizing it is DEFINITELY mammoth lakes. )
Anyways,
I complicated my truck's wiring even more since I have been back. there are now 3 switches you gotta mess with in a specific order and flick on and off at the right times in order for it to start. and you can turn the key the whole way either. its touchy. oil pressure is low. this bums me out. and the clutch makes noises.... but i choose to ignore this. and continue south. haha... foolish kids...
I've been thinking about finding a map and highlighting all the roads we have driven since me and doug left. or maybe even from tofino before that... wonder how many miles we have driven. truck almost reads 500 000. its time to get to san diego. were way overdue already on mexico. but its the fall soon! Offshore winds and plenty of swell. whooot whooot. psalm63.

2 comments:

  1. awwwwww(:
    'or sleeping on the ground next to the truck cuz some girl convinced her mom to let her go to LA with 2 guys she met yesterday... still trying to figure that one out' you added me in here!! (: [miss you]

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thx for the add in! Birthday was interesting, probably not as interesting as Mexico!!!! Hope you guys are havin a blast!
    Doug- Hit me up on here or somethin, hope home is treatin you as good as they should!!! :)

    always,
    Kym-Twain Harte,CA

    ReplyDelete