3.5.09

I'm standing there looking at my bagel trying to figure out how I'm gonna get this thing open without a knife. Up walks Brian, the first person to speak to me since I snuck into the Point Loma Caf for some food. We get to talking and he invites on what sounds like a pretty epic hike. 
10 000 Vertical feet
28 Miles.
The Cactus to Cloud route of San Jacinto.

Pulled into Palm Springs around 11 pm. 
Slept under the stars getting destroyed by itchiness.
Left the trailhead at 4am.
Reached "summit" around 3.
Back down to the tram by 5 
and back to Sea level by 6.

From the summit we could see over to the salton sea, Joshua tree and a huge continental rift. The air was thin and we all had headaches, way overdosed on protein, and we had freezing wet feet from miles of hiking in the snow.
A good day.
kinda mental...
But a good day.

(That is why you didn't get a phone call on your Birthday Gpa... sorry! happy 80th...if you ever read this...)

No comments:

Post a Comment