25.4.09

Rainbow Sandals, Treelight Room, awesomenes

Chilling in newport with james has been like a fantasy. seriously. James is someone who when you ask for a bowl of ice cream he not only falls over himself to get you one but also apologizes and feels bad that he hadn't already offered you a bowl. He seriously lives out Mi Casa tu Casa. Needless to say he has hooked us up. 2 surfboards, 2 surfboard bags (one of those huge coffins. stoked.), 2 wetsuits (3/2. even more stoked! after wearing a 6/5/4 in Canada a few months earlier). Been surfing trestles every day. Doug and James mostly surfed at Old Mans, super fun and mellow, and I cought a few really fun ones at Churches. Orange county has got church figured out good down here ha...
So we stopped at Rainbow Sandals on the way to trestles yesterday. The company was started by a surfer who was sick of seeing sandals washing up on the beach on his way to surf. He started making quality sandals that are made from recycled material, biodegradable and last forever. So we walk in and theres a guy greeting people as they enter. I ask him if there are any damaged sandals I can have because I don't have any money to spend. He says no we send those to mexico. Some random overhears our conversation and takes his shoes off and gives them to me. NICE. Free sandals. 
Like, 10 minutes later the first guy I talked to walks out with some brand new sandals that just have a little tear in them and gives them to me. NICE. Free sandals for me and doug. We had JUST been talking about how we needed sandals. 
so that was cool...
(anyone know who that surfing rabbi in step into liquid is? I swear I saw him yesterday haha...so soul....) 

"stoked" - adjective - to be "stoked" is to be completely and intensely enthusiastic, exhilirated, or excited about something. those who are stoked all of the time know this; being stoked is the epitome of all being. when one is stoked, there is no limit to what one can do. 
also, "stoke" - verb - one can "stoke" oneself out by facing challenges or by revving up an engine within oneself to accomplish that which one desires. 
*being too stoked just means that you're still not stoked enough*
   
-Urban Dictionary

Shameless Plug:

  
If I  wasn't going to san diego tonight to see some old friends and surf warm waves I would definitely be going to the Treelight Room Show tonight in Langley. If your in the area, Go. And definitely get off our blog, and you should probably go skate. Cuz if your actually reading this on a friday night you need to do something better with your time. Just a thought....
-Krisavage

2 comments:

  1. Hey Krisavage, I enjoyed reading your blog. You are a very cool nephew. Glad to hear you are having such an amazing trip. Free sandals, food, etc. Awesome. God provides. Love ya, your auntie Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krisavage ... kinda reminds me of chrisangel ... but you're much cooler. I guess to keep up with Jen I'd better say you're a very cool son! That you are. Love the photo. I'm so glad Cathy told me about savagequest: how come Doug's mom knew and I didn't? Should I be hurt?! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete